2018 YAC Majors Rules
- 50/70 Pitching Rubber to Plate / Base Paths
- USA stamped Big barrel bats allowed as standard recently changed
- Roster Batting. Teams will bat all players present on their roster
- No metal spikes
- No balks just instruction
- 4 steals an inning
- You cannot steal home.
- Two step leads from all bases
- No delayed steals.
- In Field Fly Rule is in effect.
- No advance on over throws on steals. Advance permitted on over throws on batted balls.
- No pinch runners (unless player is hurt - hit by pitch or catcher reaches base)
- 3 outfielders.
14. Playing Time: All Players attending a game are required to play a minimum of three (3) innings in the field. Innings need not be consecutive. And at least 1 of those innings needs to be in the infield.
15. 5 Run Rule : A half inning will end when the defensive team records 3 outs or when a team scores 5 runs. On the play that scores the 5th run in an inning, additional runs will be counted until that play is completed. Example: 4 runs are already in for the inning and there is bases loaded. A hit scores 3 runs; all 3 runs will count giving that team a total of 7 runs for the inning. Note: since an official game is 4 innings the 5 run rule will only pertain to innings one through four.
16. 13 year olds can pitch only one inning
- Umps will be adults.
- 4 Teams with the most regular season wins can advance in the play offs. (Tie Breakers: 1. Head to Head record. 2. Least total runs allowed for the season). No playoffs in the FAll.
- Any rain outs will attempted to be made up during mid-week practice times at APAR if teams are available.
- Team must field 7 players by end of 2nd inning or game is official forfeit. (Game will be played with players form opposing team in field, opposing players will not bat with team under manned)
- Fill in Player ( A Team can have one fill in player that is not on their roster under the following conditions)
-Team must have less than 9 players from the roster present during the entire game.
(If roster players show up bringing total to 9, Fill in player comes out of the game)
-Only one fill in player allowed per game.
-Fill in player must be YAC in house registered player
-Can be a travel player ONLY if one of your absent players is a travel player
-Opposing coach must be notified before the game begins
-Fill in player can bring the total players to 7 to avoid a forfeit
- Home team provides Umpire 2 new game balls at the start of a game.