MARA Baseball Ages 13-16
Commissioner - Steve Brooks
Fall 2018 Registration for Ages 13-16 is now open!
MARA is proud to offer competitive baseball via programs for ages 13-16 (for Fall 2018, any player born after August 31, 2002 is eligible). Parents and players continually seek out programs at this age level and MARA is committed to offering a robust playing environment in both the fall and spring/summer.
· A misconception about baseball at this level (during spring season) is that it conflicts with the Middle/High School seasons. When in fact, the games are structured to commence when school seasons are over. We will have many practices throughout March and April for players not on school teams, but the MARA program has been structured to be a continuing competitive outlet once the school season is over. Games continue through the month of June.
· Although the sign up section is for any player age 13-16, the MARA teams and corresponding competition will be age based (we anticipate leagues at the 14U and 16U levels)
· Open workouts will begin the week of August 20
· Registration cutoff is August 30
· Teams will be assigned by September 1; Games are expected to begin on September 15 and run through the end of October (2 games per week).
· All communications from MARA will occur via email to the addresses listed in registration system- please make sure to include as many as possible for your family
· Players will receive hat and shirt
· Bat requirements are very different at this level. More info on this topic will be available in mid-August.
· A full description of the competitive team options (All Stars/Select) at MARA is available upon request (and will be available in full detail by approximately August 1)
· Any parent interested in coaching should both signal on the registration form and drop a note to commissioner Steve Brooks. We are always looking for several helpers per team.
· Please reach to Steve Brooks, 980-297-3359 or email@example.com with any questions.